My review guidelines are quite simple:
- I will offer a completely honest review of the book. Completely honest. I'm not going to lie to sugar coat a truly bad reading experience if I have one. If you are uncomfortable with this, please don't contact me.
- I do not accept e-books for review.
- Do not, under any circumstances, harass me about the progress of a book review. If you need the review completed by a particular date, please mention that in your request. Do not e-mail or Twitter me about updates. If you feel the need to micromanage my review, please don't contact me. You are not the only person I'm am working with and I am not your assistant so do not assume that I will be at your beck and call.
- I welcome author guest posts, but no longer conduct author interviews.
- I only accept finished books. I've tried reviewing ARCs, but then I cannot pass them on and they go to waste. Even the library will not accept them. So, unless your book submission is a finished copy, don't ask.
- I disclose on every post where I got the book for review from (author, publisher, publicist, library, etc.)
- I do not use affiliate links.
The star rating scale is most accurately compared to chocolates, as follows:
★★★★★ = Loved It (Godiva/Lindt)
★★★★☆ = Really Liked It (Munson's/Ghiradelli)
★★★☆☆ = Liked It (Sees Candies Chocolate/Hershey's Premium)
★★☆☆☆ = Just Okay (Hershey's standard chocolate bar/Cadbury Egg)
★☆☆☆☆ = Didn't Like It (Standard generic brand hollow chocolate Easter bunny or Santa/Tootsie Roll)
If a book is featured in a guest post, interview, or giveaway it may not reflect my personal views on the topic but I just want to put it out there for my readers so they can judge for themselves.