Joyce Meyer is not satisfied with the status quo. She believes that we each need to become a revolutionary and practice love every day. And if Joyce has her way, the revolution will spread - person by person, house by house, town by town, until the old culture of selfishness and greed gives way to a new culture of concern for others.
The book is a revolutionaries' manual, a hands-on primer for bringing the Golden Rule to life in the twenty-first century. Meyer starts out by giving some stunning statistics. Right now...210,000 children will die this week because of poverty; 640 million children do not have adequate shelter; every day, 3,000 children are abducted into the sex-trafficking industry; every day, 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes. She goes on to say that although crisis is global, the solution is local. We can't solve the world's problems, but that isn't a reason to remain idle.
LOVE REVOLUTION focuses on personal behavior on the local scale. It's not just a call to action; it is a call to being: being the person who goes out of your way to encourage someone who's out of hope; being the one who smiles at a stranger; being the one who is willing to do something for nothing. The paradox: when we do something for nothing, what we often get is something far greater.
Listen to an Excerpt
Also don't miss The Live Interview with Joyce Meyer, Author of THE LOVE REVOLUTION
Contest runs from October 3, 2009 to 11:59 PM EST October 24, 2009. Winners will be announced October 25, 2009. Open to residents of US and Canada only. No PO boxes.
- Leave a comment on this post. Please include your e-mail address so I can contact you.
- Follow or subscribe to this blog, and leave me a comment on this post telling me you're a subscriber. If you're already a follower or subscriber, comment telling me that.
- Blog about this contest and include a link to this post. Leave a comment with a link to your blog entry.
- Tweet about this contest using the Tweet This button below. Leave a comment with a link to your tweet. You can do this once a day, but be sure to come back and leave me a comment each time you tweet!
- Leave a comment on any other post (anything except another giveaway, i.e. reviews, interviews, Bored Now, Mailbox Monday, Library Loot, etc.) and leave a comment here telling me which post you commented on. You can do this up to five times for five additional entries.
- Follow me on Twitter (link in sidebar) and leave a comment telling me you're a follower. If you're already a follower, comment telling me that.
Each comment must include your e-mail address.